The Hindes Family

The Hindes Family
September 2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break

Since I work at an elementary school I get the same holidays and days off as the schools. This year for Spring break I took Nick and we drove to Mesa. Mild sauce got his drivers license on April 7. He helped me drive. He's a good driver despite the whiplash he gave me last August. We left for AZ on the 10th and drove back on the 17th. My mother has been struggling with depression. Her physical health is much better. Now to get her back to emotional well being. I have to admit when I walked in to their home, I thought she looked terrible. For the week Nick and I helped around the house. He did yard work and helped me wash all the windows. I cooked the evening meals and cleaned her ceiling fans and dusted light fixtures, picture frames, mirrors and above the doorways. I did things that would be hard for her to do. She's 81. We got to visit with family members while we were there. It was a good trip. My dad turned 86 on the 14th while we were there. I was glad I could be there for his birthday. My siblings, their spouses and I and Duane and Pam and mom and dad went to Red Lobster. Nick and Mitch came too. This was the first time Nick ate lobster. Thanks Mitch and Molly for paying for Nick and thanks Vance for paying for me. It was delicious and fun. I hope that my mom will get out and do things to keep her mind busy. She's still pretty healthy for a woman her age. Andy held the fort down with the other sauces while we were gone and was able to take them to Moab and enjoy Arches National Park. The boys enjoyed the hikes. What great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment